Monday, September 1, 2008

Things You Rarely See.

Well last weekend was.......... interesting? I have a question mark because what happened was so strange I could not have imagined it. It was Saturday morning and Shelby was at a sleep over with Grandma Wood, John went on a hike with his brother, and Brandon and I were just hanging out. He asked me to go for a bike ride around the block and I agreed.



All of this sounds soooo normal.



During his ride he started going too fast down a short hill and he fell off. I quickly picked him up, brushed him off, and told him he was okay. It was at that exact moment that I heard a familiar MEOW. Huh, "Paws......Sampson....." I called looking for one of our two cats. Then I looked directly below me and onto the street where I was standing over a storm drain and out popped a little head from a second drain which runs under the street. Paws was in the drain and he was not coiming out. (Hard to describe, he wasn't really stuck, he just wasn't coming out anytime soon.)



Seriously, these things always happen when the men in our lives are away. So I called the Vet to see if they had any suggestions. Yep that right, "Call the Fire Department." "Is that a myth?" I asked. Nope.



So after Brandon and I tried hopelessly to coax the cat out; we drove to the local fire station. I felt so stupid asking for help, but they said they would come out after awhile. They ended up pulling two storm drains and using the hose to chase the cat to the exit. Poor kitty, he looked like a disaster when he popped out of the drain all wet and confused. I have no idea how long he had been in there and he was sure happy to go home.



This is a picture of Paws shortly after I got him home.




Another thing you rarely get to see is when your vehicle turns over 100000 miles. It's not that I'm happy about this, I just have something about even numbers. I think I have seen this three times in my life now.
Do you have anything you've seen that's rare?



1 comment:

Amanda Sevall said...

What a funny story! Never really thought you would actually have to call the fire dept. for that sort of thing. lol :) I'm glad your kitty survived unharmed.

I have never seen exactly 100,000! That's so cool you got a picture of it. Mine just recently past that mark and I missed seeing it by a few miles.... shoot! :)