Sunday, September 14, 2008

A New Hobby: I'll Let You Be the Judge of That

So, I have a little story to tell. This is Baby Teddy, who my wonderful friend Sara and her family gave to Shelby when she turned one. Lately, Baby Teddy and Shelby are inseperable and Shelby decided one day that he needed a girlfriend. He must miss her when she is at school.

Aren't they adorable? I think it's especially cute at 2 in the morning when Shelby rushes in my room and askes me to find Baby Teddy because he's fallen out of bed.
Anyway, on with the story.
I decided I would need to get Baby Teddy a girlfriend about the same size as him. I also thought it would be nice for her to have a dress. So I told John I would like to get a sewing machine. He said sure, I think he thought it would be a great opportunity to make fun me for making crazy looking garments.
The next day a garage sale sign was on the mailbox, and low and behold it had a sewing machine listed.
We went by the neighbors for a quick look and I left with machine, which came with a hydrolic cabinet.
Sure it's a little old (1989), but the previous owner took really good care of it. (I payed $200 for the machine and the cabinet). That's not a bad price to start a new hobby.
This is the dress I made for Baby Teddy's girlfriend. You should have seen the first one. HAHA


I found Baby Teddy a girlfriend on EBAY she cost $3.00 and is exactly the same. (Kind of like a mail order bride)

Well I guess it was all worth it.


Aren't they cute together?

I want to give a special Thanks to Anna for helping me thread the sewing machine. You got me off to a great start.
FYI: Some of my posts from Sept. 1st got out of order, I just didn't want you to miss anything.








2 comments:

Amanda Sevall said...

So cute Megan! I think you are off to a great start and before you know it, you'll be making all kinds of cool stuff on your sewing maching! What a great deal too, btw :)

Anna said...

Yay! You did it! I am so proud of you! Really, really. And "mail order bride" that makes me laugh! Good job.